Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Happy Girls and Homeschool

As Little Miss Princess nears her big 6th bday, I find myself wondering where in the world the time has gone. We were out today picking up some of those last minute homeschool items to start our school year and I realize I'm in complete awe that my LMP is going to be in 1st grade!!! Wow...the time has flown.

About three years ago a friend of mine took our family pics when we were visiting our hometown. This was just one of the amazing pics that she got. (Go visit Tara Diver Photography on Facebook to see some of her other amazing work.)

At that time, I couldn't have even imagined that we would be here teaching not one, not two, but three of our beautiful girls this year! I mean, wow. But having the privilege of being home every single day with these 4 beauties is more than any mom could ask for. There are moments I want to run from it all but then I get to see this amazing smile and I'm so glad to be present for al the good and the bad. My darling husband and I have been called to teach our kids ourselves and while that is not always an easy task it is the most rewarding thing anyone can ask for. And LMP is a challenge at times but she also makes learning so fun! She is always so happy when that light bulb clicks on. I tell ya, it's a sight to see.

So now that I have the majority of the books needed for homeschooling my girls this year, I get to enjoy the last precious weeks of summer, watching my girls play, and smile, and laugh, and grow (in the midst of finishing up the lesson planning). What a wonderful life we lead.


No comments:

Post a Comment