Friday, March 21, 2014

Bows Galore

With this last day of school behind us for spring break I was feeling the need to be a little crafty. And let's face it...when that crafty bug hits you might as well let it fly. I had intended to run to town (quite a jont out here) to get a few ingredients to make some headbands, but decided it was silly to make such a trip. Wasting money on gas for an unnecessary trip when I have plenty of other projects that need to be done here convinced me to stay home. I'm glad I did.

I've been wanting to try my hand at making some bows for quite some time now and thought today was as good a day as any. It turns out, involving the girls made it more fun for all of us and now they're super invested in wearing them. Even better!!

I'm not going to be posting a tutorial here as there are gads and gads of tutorials out there already. Needless to say, it was pretty easy to do some of them.

For the majority of them, I just used flowers from any store that sells craft supplies, pulled all the flowers apart and put them back together how we liked. Then we hot glued all the layers together before hot gluing the whole flower, along with button, onto a hair clip. Easy peasy.

The others that were made with ribbon took me a little more thought, but again, quite simple in the end. I learned a few things along the way as well so the next time it should go faster and the blue and brown clip will be less bulky.

Honestly, I didn't use a tutorial for any of them but I had spent a bit of time reviewing tutorials quite a while ago. That and my crafty skills and here we go. A whole bunch of new hair clips at hardly any cost. I had everything on hand from when I purchased it a while ago. The only thing I bought new for this project was the clips and I think they were less than $3. All the ribbon and flowers were bought and left over from other projects. Yippee!! Hope you enjoy them!

So, do you and the kids have any great plans for crafting or fun for your spring break? I'd love to hear about it.

Happy Creations! Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment